Monday 16 January 2012

Raid the larder Meal Plan

As a slightly over-organised person I like to plan our meals for the week ahead before going to the supermarket. It helps ensure I only get what we need –provided I bypass the chocolate section…and the tantalisingly temping offers. IT’S ONLY A BARGAIN IF YOU NEED IT! Usually I start planning from “what do I fancy eating this week” or “what new recipes have I seen that I want to try”.  This time however I raided the larder for inspiration, so it only cost me £40 in the Supermarket. Result! This also explains the vast quantity of tuna on the menu, and the condensed soup-I think it’s been in the cupboard a while! I can’t promise your shop will be the same fantastic price, that all depends on how much you have stashed away in the back of the cupboard or freezer.
The cupcake recipe is from the Primrose Bakery. They freeze well, look pretty and taste sublime. Having cake in the freezer at all times ensures you’re never caught short in a moment of need, when that cup of tea beckons. Any unexpected guests will be very impressed!



Dinner
Monday
Baked potatoes with tuna and sweetcorn, coleslaw, cheese and baked beans. Served with salad.

Tuesday
Baked potatoes with tuna and sweetcorn, coleslaw, cheese and baked beans. Served with salad.

Wednesday
Sausage and lentil casserole with couscous and swede

Thursday
Fish Pie with swede

Friday
Bacon and Pesto Pasta with mushrooms served with salad

Saturday
Bacon and Pesto Pasta with mushrooms served with salad
Fish Pie served with swede

Sunday
Sausage and lentil casserole with couscous and swede

Monday
Tuna and sweetcorn Pasta Bake, with salad and cherry tomatoes

Tuesday
Fish Pie with swede

Wednesday
Tuna and sweetcorn Pasta Bake with salad and cherry tomatoes






Breakfast
Wheat Biscuits, Banana, Fruit Juice

Lunch
Pick from: soup, Cream cheese and cherry tomato or Cheese savoury sandwiches plus anything from ‘little something’ section

Little something
Mini Lemon Cupcakes, Mince pies with ice-cream or custard, Kit Kats­­, Yogurt, Clementine, Grapes, Banana, Crisps



No comments:

Post a Comment